Discover a career that inspires you, with a company that helps you get ahead.
At Bright Horizons, we care for over 10,000 children every day across the UK, and we’re on a mission to change the future for children, families, and the people we work with. There are few places where you can have an instant local and national impact and be supported by an employer with a fundamental commitment to progressive working values like flexibility, work-life balance, and wellbeing.
Join our 2-year graduate programme and you’ll get the skills and hands on experience needed to become a future leader or teacher of our business. In just 2 years on the programme, you could be leading our nursery teams or be an Early Years Teacher, which will see you opening a career path for key roles within childcare, all at the same time as providing an outstanding experience to our children and parents and earning a great salary. Working in our nurseries is fun, and it’s a place where you can really make a difference to the children’s and parents’ lives. How amazing would that be.
You’ll work as a key member within one of our nursery teams in a hands-on role as an Early Years Practitioner for the first 12 months where you will witness Bright Horizons' excellence in action. You’ll experience a variety of roles within the nursery environment, along with gaining relevant qualifications in Early Years where required and be supported by the Graduate Success Team who will provide constant development interventions and opportunities. All the while you’ll learn invaluable lessons from the most exciting minds in childcare – the children!
In year 2, you will choose which career path is right for you, and either head down the Early Years Teaching route, or move towards developing into a nursery management role.
Teaching career option
During year 2, we will support you to complete a QTS, EYIT or EYTS teaching qualification providing sufficient learning and reading time to support your studying. Once you you’ve completed the programme, you’ll be ready to move into a teaching role where you will lead on helping and supporting all children and their families
Nursery Management career option
During year 2, you will move to a new nursery setting and continue your development to learn skills, techniques and experience needed to support your development into a nursery management role. Once you you’ve completed the programme, you’ll be ready to move into a nursery management role and help position Bright Horizons for the challenges and opportunities ahead.
What will I be doing?
- Working as part of a nursey team looking after babies and children up to the age of 5.
- Having daily adventures with our children by interactive play, daily activities games, reading and helping them with their curious minds through learning interventions / curriculum
- Communicating with parents daily on their child’s activities
- Provide a caring and supporting environment where the children feel safe and looked after
- Listening to the children’s needs and responding in the right way
- Creating play and learning opportunities that support the children’s learning
- Through your hands on learning and on the job training complete tasks for your qualification/talent programme
- Development interventions and rotational placements to fast track your development into leadership or teaching roles
- Working together with the Grad Programme cohort to deliver projects around your learning
What do I need to have?
- BA Hons Degree in Early Years/Childhood Studies or similar preferably.
- A genuine interest in working with children
- A passion for helping children learn and wanting to make a difference in their lives
- Commitment to completing a Graduate Programme
- Confident communicator
- Understanding and empathy towards children
- Desire to learn
- GCSEs in Maths and English grade 4 or above
- Able to start in March 2022 or September 2022.
Want to know more? Take a look at our FAQs here.